torsdag 11. desember 2014

they came snapping at your heels

I was reading a fan fiction about Bilbo Baggins on my phone when there suddenly was all of these little specks on my screen, the colours of a magical rainbow. A second later I realised it was only the spray from peeling my clementine reflecting the light from my phone. Yesterday, around noon, when I had a healthy lunch (left over chicken, avocado and tomato), I decided to watch the last hour of the last The Lord of The Rings movie. I've no idea what the actual name is, but for now I care very little about it. Anyway, when it was on TV at Sunday night, I figured it would be stupid to stay up so late (the movie ended around 1:30 am) when I had to do revisions for my exam the next day. But I watched it yesterday, and the lesson I've learnt with watching LOTR, is that it's never ended until it actually says "the end". My god, I cannot count on one hand how many times I was sure the movie had ended. I also ended up crying far more than I thought I would ever do. It spurred me into reading fan fictions in that fandom, though I mostly stick to fan fictions in the 1D fandom. Speaking of One Direction-- don't you think that Niall didn't put up a Christmas tree in his house like I wanted him too? Precious little child. I have been reading and reading, trying commit knowledge to my memory for the past week, and it's driving me crazy how much time it takes before I can remember anything. Yesterday I went to bed 0:38 am, which is the earliest I've done for days. Luckily it's not long until my agony will be over, and hopefully long forgotten. Until then I'll just have to deal with it. I still haven't gotten any big nerves, though I must admit that I had a wave to nervousness the other day whilst I was texting Sally. But it passed quickly, and I'm still worried that I'll have a breakdown at the actual day of my exam. Taking a call from an unknown number is always a risk. Yesterday I nailed it, because I actually answered a phone call with an unknown number, and it turned out to be the person/student I'm going to be with at my new "praksis" place. Next unknown number I didn't answer, and it turned out to be the right decision as well. Lynx have been calling me quite often for the past few days, making me run around the house to check sizes and whatnot. She's been shopping for Christmas, and eager to send packages our way, I guess. Yesterday my mum and I had a facetime call with her and David, and I was surprised to see how big my sister had grown. She's got a proper belly now. David was very chatty and had lots to say, and he looked so much bigger. For Christmas a few years ago, I made my own bauballs for my siblings with a picture of them inside. It was the Christmas we celebrated at Lynx and Grepper's house, so all of the bauballs were left behind at their house. And during the facetime conversation, Lynx asked if I'd made one of myself, in which I answered "no". She said she wanted one to hang on the tree so she could have all of us. That made my insides feel very warm. It is lovely to have my siblings splattered around the country so I can come for visits, but it's also sad because we are more apart then we are together. So I guess small things like that; personal Christmas bauballs are a good thing to have around Christmas times. It aches me that not everyone has family to celebrate with, and I was just looking through an article about foster children which made me quite sad, and determined that when I have an established relationship and my own home, I'll take in some foster children myself. I am very appreciative of my own family, though I have no problems with saying that sometimes they really get on my nerves. But still, I really do appreciate my flock of siblings and parents. Right, I must go back to revising now. I'm going to watch handball tonight, as I have the past few days. Then I might continue my "post some lyrics from a love song on Twitter late at night" thing I've got going on. Lols. Have a good day x. 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar